USL Report Documenter
The USL Documenter Application Software addresses USPAP, Supplemental Standards, and Liability Management. USL is an acronym taken from these topics. It is the author’s belief that almost every appraiser can immediately improve his/her reporting with use of the USL Documenter. These improvements are no longer an option, but rather are a necessity for appraising in the new millennium. This software is designed to supplement your forms software package or commercial template. This software is dynamic in that it modifies itself to fit the assignment at hand rather than vice versa. This is the opposite of the way most appraisers (residential and commercial) behave. Most practicing appraisers have bad cases of “form mentality”. Form mentality is the belief that answering each question on the form will result in a credible appraisal. While commercial appraisers do not typically use a form they have the same mindset about their commercial template. I had one commercial reviewer require that I put the approaches in the specific order of Cost, DSC, and Income. In this reviewer’s mind putting the approaches in a different order upset his “form mentality”.
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS – READ ME FIRST:
Let’s begin by saying that since every computer configuration is different, it is nigh impossible to give exact, step-by-step instructions that apply to every situation. With that in mind, the ultimate takeaway from the instructions below is simply that the three files that are included with the ZIP file you are about to download need to already be in the folder where you plan on installing the software. In other words, Extract/Unzip everything to a folder of your choosing, and then during the installation process change the location of where the program will be installed to that folder. If you are comfortable doing that, feel free to disregard the instructions below….
- Begin by downloading the USL Documenter III *.zip file using the button below these instructions.
- Extract/Unzip this file into any folder you choose. MAKE A NOTE OF THIS FOLDER, as you will need to be comfortable finding it.
- Navigate to the folder that you just extracted/unzipped everything into.
- You should see 3 files named……
- USL Documenter III
- Quick-start Guide
- Run the file named USL Documenter III to start the Installer.
- That’s it! Accept all the defaults from that point on. If you receive any errors telling you that the installer cannot find a necassary file, cancel everything and go back to step 2 and start again.
Other Useful Files: